HAPPY 2014 EVERYBODY
FROM THE SUPERNATURAL FANDOM
this is it the A P O C A L Y P S E
For anyone who is confused about the chronology of the whole Croatoan thing in 5.04 ‘The End’, the uppermost screencap is what supernaturalwiki has to say on the subject. It boils down to this:
- The sign tells us that Kansas City was ruled a ‘Croatoan Virus Hot Zone’ on August 1st (hence our weeping and wailing today is justified).
- Assuming that the newspaper Zachariah leaves behind for Dean to look at is current to the day Dean pops up in 2014, he actually arrives on August 4th.
- He is in 2014 for three days; from the 4th to the 7th, and then he is sent home to 2009. (So technically, we could have a week-long Croatoan meltdown, from the 1st to the 7th…)
- On the Season 5 DVD commentary for ‘The End’, Eric Kripke and Ben Edlund state that this version of 2014 is an alternate universe, rather than time travel.
Hope that helps^.^
Eric Kripke: Here, so watch this visual effects shot.
Ben Edlund: Yeah, this is amazing!
Eric Kripke: Watch this. Visual effects shot right there. See: he puts down one glass, he picks up another glass. That is a physical impossibility in the real world.
Ben Edlund: Yeah.
Eric Kripke: And it’s the perfect example of, um, of a visual effect that’s about subtlety.
Ben Edlund: Story and not showy James Cameron kinda stuff.
Eric Kripke: If the glasses were floating… (both laugh)
- 5.04 ‘The End’ DVD Commentary
but the e n d is already here.
spn meme [4/10] episodes ▸ The End